Let me just say I’m a big fan of Stihl products and the BG 55 leaf blower is no exception. When the Stihl leaf blower I’ve had for over 10 years gave out, I decided I would replace it with the Stihl BG 55 model. I recently made a YouTube video on how to start a Stihl BG 55 leaf blower, so if you decide to purchase this model and need help starting it, please check out the video.
The BG 55 is competitive in price ($150) to other brands like Toro and Echo and features:
- Adjustable Nozzle that’s great for stairs.
- Easy to change spark plug and air filter.
- Translucent and upright fuel tank.
- High impact and corrosion resistant housing.
- Electronic ignition with the Easy2Start System.
- 140 mph velocity at the nozzle.
This particular model is recommended for homeowner use, so if you’re going to buy a leaf blower for commercial applications I would recommend the BG 66 or BG 86 models.
Stihl has a reputation for dependable, high quality yard equipment and if you’re looking for a lightweight, easy to start, powerful leaf blower for use around the home, I highly recommend the Stihl BG 55.