Click on the image to see a larger view.
Here are the instructions for programming the the Rain Bird ESP Series timer on the Custom Cycle. Note: The numbers in this list correspond to the graphics on the left.
1. Select the program you want.
2. Turn the dial to ADVANCED CYCLES.
3. “CUSTOM” should appear in the display. If “CUSTOM” does not appear in the display, press the UP or DOWN arrow until “CUSTOM” appears in the display.
4. Turn the dial to “MON.”
5. The display shows the day of the week and whether that day of the week is “ON” or “OFF.”
6. Press “ON” or “OFF” to change the setting for this day of the week.
7. Turn the dial to the next day of the week. Repeat steps 5 through 7 until you have set each day of the week.
8. Turn the dial to AUTO and you done!
I have two videos on my YouTube channel iScaper1 that deal with programming a Rain Bird ESP series sprinkler timer: The first is Using the Advanced Cycles feature on a sprinkler timer, and the second is How to install & program a Rain Bird ESP Series timer. Please check out these videos for visual help with programming a Rain Bird ESP Series sprinkler timer/controller.