iScaper rating – 5 stars ★★★★★
See my YouTube video on how to program a Rain Bird ESP Series timer.
One of my favorite timers. 4 station modular timer expandable to 13 stations by using 3 station plug-in modules.
- Multiple programs give flexibility to accommodate diverse watering needs.
- Each program can have multiple start times, allowing you to run several programs a day.
- Modular design makes it easy to expand controller’s capabilities to 13 stations should your watering needs change.
- Water budget feature allows you to easily increase or decrease watering schedules without reprogramming, so you don’t have to waste time at the timer programming.
- Four irrigation cycle modes for flexibility. Custom 7 day, cyclic 1 – 31 day interval, and odd/even day watering.
- Easy programming: Rain Bird’s ESP (Extra Simple Programming) style with large LCD display.
- Enhanced Diagnostic Feedback – Alerts you to shorted stations or programming errors with a warning light and text message on the display.
Pros – Easiest timer I have run across to program. I love the manual start and advance function. When troubleshooting a system I can advance through the program by simply pushing the manual start button.
Cons – Not many. I have noticed that on some of the older ESP timers that the dial will often not display the correct setting on display and you have to wiggle the dial to get the correct function on the display to show.